Have one of the owners of your Facebook page parted ways with your company? Are you no longer using an agency that created your page for you? We see multiple reasons why people need help transferring the ownership of their page to themselves or someone else. Below are steps you can take to help you transfer ownership.
Step 1: Gather the necessary details & documents
1. A copy of a valid government-issued photo ID of the individual signing the statement.
2. A signed statement from the business owner which includes all of the below items: a. A description of your relationship to the Page (including your authority to request a change in the person(s) who manage the Page, as applicable), also include that you would like this Page removed from the Business Manager that it is owned in; b. The name of the current person(s) who manage the Page, as applicable;
3. The relationship of the above person(s) to the Page; An explanation of your request, and whether there has been a termination of the employment and/or business relationship with the named person(s), as applicable; d. All documentation supporting your request (Business License or certificate of incorporation under the business Page’s name to prove requester’s authority over the business);
4. The Facebook account and email address associated with the Facebook account that you wish to have added as the new admin of the Page;
5. A declaration that the information you have provided is true and accurate (e.g. “I certify that the information provided is true and accurate”) – your statement must include similar language.
Step 2: Start a Facebook chat & submit the details from Step 1
Midway down the page you will see a Chat button, click on that to open a new page.
From there, fill out the form and a new chat window will pop up. You can explain over chat that you'd like to submit documents to transfer page ownership of your Facebook page. You'll be able to submit the documents directly through chat. We always recommend to ask the chat representative to 'escalate' your request.
Step 3: Wait for approval
This part of the process could take up to 30 days and, but once it is completed, you will see that the page owner